1.06.2011

Streamlining

Phew, it feels good to organize and list those fabrics! I'm going to keep adding more, so be sure to check back over the next few days as I fill up my shop with fabrics that I can bear to part with. Nothing like a good cleanout/organization to get the creative juices going!

The new year is off to a busy start. I'm pushing hard for the job search while continuing to focus on staying healthy and positive in all aspects of my life. There have been a few bumps in the road already but I'm still hanging on.

This Sunday is my birthday so I took off from work - which means yay for a three day weekend! No big plans, but plenty of quality time with my sweetie and Louie, as well as some other fun activities (pedicure, dinner out, maybe Ikea shopping trip, etc.).

I just picked up my machine from getting a tune up* and it's like a brand new beast! I'm loving how the tension is spot on now and there's seriously not a speck of dust. The repairman said it was really, really dusty ::shamefully hanging head:: and that I should ALWAYS keep it covered when not in use.

Anyway, the first few projects for the new year are already in the works! I really want to get this awesome cover for my Kindle but they don't have one for mine yet (I have the newest version). In the meantime, I bought a pattern here and am making one! I finished it but decided to backtrack and take it apart to tweak a few things. Once it's all done, I'll show you.

What are you up to?

*For those in the NYC area, I got my machine serviced at City Sewing, recommended to me by the fabulous ladies of The City Quilter. I was super happy with the whole transaction and highly recommend them for repairs/servicing/etc. And just so you know, I'm not getting compensated for this plug! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words, funny stories, and recipes are always welcome. :)