New accomplishment

Woohoo - I finished my first garment! I decided to make the popular Wiksten tank (especially since was cheaper now in PDF download format) in one of my favorite Anna Maria Horner prints (purchased while on sale at Quilt Home). The voile is sooo comfortable for this top.

All in all, the experience went great! It's made with French seams, which I read about in a few different places before attempting to make sure I was doing them right. I spent A LOT of time making sure that my cutting and sewing was as accurate as possible since, unlike a quilt, the fit really mattered!

I love it and think I'll make a few more. It's definitely a classic shape and perfect for the hot, sticky summers here in DC. I may - if I'm brave enough! - try to make a few fit adjustments (ahem, at the bust) but overall I think it turned out great.

Please excuse the pic - Sunday night, with weird lighting, and no make-up, definitely tired after a long (but fun) day...


  1. It's adorable! I'm hoping to make one this weekend, depending on time. I bet you'll wear it often!


Kind words, funny stories, and recipes are always welcome. :)