8.13.2009

What's coming...

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm working on new stuff for fall. I've been really progressing with my quilting (I've finished one completely, as you saw, and have now finished 2 tops and am all set to start cutting a 4th!) and have decided to make wall hangings for my shop. I say wall hangings because I have TONS of beautiful scraps and they'd be perfect for smaller quilts. I like to think I have good taste in color and design (the quilts will be simple but nice) so I'm going to give it a go. My mom, one of the most creative people I know (and the person who turned me on to many of my favorite craft hobbies - she taught me to knit over 10 years ago) is really almost ready to start making stuff for her own shop. She has GREAT taste in design and if she wasn't injured (long-term back injury) and didn't have to work (she's a social worker) I know she'd already have a shop full of beautiful items. She already established her shop name and asthetic - all she has to do is make stuff! Right now we have more fabric in this house than anyone can even imagine.

Speaking of crafting, a woman from my community found my shops on Etsy and emailed me information about a local craft show happening in October. I'm so excited to participate! While I hope to have moved on to NYC by then, I still plan on coming back here just for the show. I need to really make a LOT more in order to have a fully stocked booth (the show is a full Saturday long in a community that's definitely allows people to buy stuff). I'm really excited! I'm going to have a "booth" that's about 4.5 x 8 feet so I'm thinking I need to make a banner for the table. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words, funny stories, and recipes are always welcome. :)