6.21.2010

Oh, hello

Hi all - sorry for the absence. Last week was completely hellish. Those early inventory shifts were a nightmare and then I got THE WORST stomach/intestine virus EVER. Seriously. Not fun. But now I'm feeling better and today is officially the start of summer. Hurrah!

Many other bloggers have been posting about taking time to relax. Maybe it's that summer mentality we all desire, but I too am joining in. I've been getting way to wrapped up in so many things and need to take time to relax, enjoy the little things, and just do things that are fun. It's been a very stressful time for me - and as seen from getting so sick, I realize that I need to just cool it. There are many things in my life that still feel (after a long time) out of control to me and I need to work on feeling balanced and in control. I need to focus more on taking care of myself and enjoying each day.

I may be around here less and less but that's only necessary. Besides, we should all be out enjoying the sunshine more!

I powered through my June quilting blocks and am feeling too lazy to post them all here. They're in my flickr photostream though, so go take a look.

I'm off for a walk in the park with Louie.


Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the question themselves, as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, some day far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer. – Rilke


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words, funny stories, and recipes are always welcome. :)