6.22.2010

Summer's here

Summer's here and it makes me crave being a kid. My summers were spent at camp where (much to the surprise of many of you who truly know me) I loved being outside, playing in the dirt, swimming in lakes, hiking, and drinking tons of bug juice (remember bug juice?!). I remember falling asleep on the bus ride home, skin all tight and prickly from a day in the sun, hair smelling like chlorine/lake water, and comparing my sandal tan to my friend's.

After the nightmare that was last week, this is a week of rest and recovery. Strangely enough, my work shifts (those that I didn't get covered due to illness) were canceled. It's actually not that strange and there's a good reason behind it (still figuring out payroll at the store) but it certainly came at the right time. Instead of making endless to-do lists, frantically trying to squeeze in errands/appointments/etc. I've been taking it one day at a time. I went to the doctor for follow-up on being sick (as per orders from the ER - see, told you it was bad) and I'm fine and she says all is well. But still - and I know I went on and on about this last post - I need to rest and regroup. So that's what I'm doing this week. I'm running errands here and there, doing little things around the apartment, and just generally trying to listen to my body and mind. It's been nice being home watching soccer (so sad SA is out) and sewing (HUGE relief that I finished all my June quilting bee blocks) and then being able to pop out into the park with the dog for a bit. I'm really trying to take it one day at a time.....

I decided that my hexagon quilt will be a gift. I can't tell you who it's for or for what occasion in case the recipient reads this but I promise I'll reveal once it's been given.



Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. – Ralph Waldo Emerson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words, funny stories, and recipes are always welcome. :)