7.07.2010

Call me crazy

As temps near 100 degrees (again!) here, I find myself craving some knitting. I know, I know, I must be completely insane thinking about heavy fibers in this intense heat, but I just can't help it! All this quilting (which I LOVE) has gotten me in the mood for my true craft love: knitting. As soon as the thermometer hit 70, I pretty much put my woolens safely away but now I'm regretting it. Seeing this gorgeous shop makes me want to pull out my unfinished projects and pick up where I left off. Not to mention, I have a pretty incredible collection of knitting books/magazines and there are some that I'm eager to try out. I'm also thinking that a knitting project would be a great thing to take along to Maine for my vacation (even though we're driving, lugging my sewing machine and all necessary accoutrements is out of the question).

So am I crazy? The dog seems to think so: he eyes me skeptically as I tell him I'm going to head into our storage closet and dig up some knitting. Then he sighs and lays his head back down on the cool floor under my desk.

Good thinking, buddy.


The only normal people are the ones you don’t know very well. – Joe Ancis


2 comments:

  1. well, you asked for it: you are crazy. i love knitting, but only in the winter. here in Lisbon (Portugal) we have been having temps over 100 too, for the last 3 days, so i'm busy enough struggling against melting, i would be able to think about knitting.
    so, i'm with Louie on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending you some cool ND thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Kind words, funny stories, and recipes are always welcome. :)