11.18.2010

Across the pond

I am lucky enough to have friends all over the world. One place that I have yet to visit, despite knowing someone there, is Scotland. My sweetie met Stephen in college, as they were both recipients of different scholarships related to remembrance and the legacy of the Pan Am 103 bombing. Stephen, a Scot, spent a year in the USA and has kept in touch with my sweetie since his time here! He visited NYC last winter and I hope the next time we get to see him will be on his side of the pond.

Stephen recently became an uncle to a beautiful baby girl named Lauren. He wanted a quilt to give her and fell in love with a top that I had already completed. I was thrilled to be part of such a celebratory occasion, even from thousands of miles away. The quilt features bright colors and fun prints of birds and other animals. Below is a picture of Lauren and Stephen enjoying the quilt! (Thanks, Stephen, for letting me share this adorable pic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words, funny stories, and recipes are always welcome. :)