5.02.2011

Changes

Wow. What a Monday morning. As someone who is about to begin a professional path working toward peace (yay!), particularly dealing with development in Afghanistan, I can't express to you the significance of Bin Laden's death (but I don't need to, as it's clear to everyone). I must admit a sense of relief knowing that he is no longer alive (even as someone who doesn't favor the death penalty and other such acts), as he was responsible for so much death, destruction, and sadness. I'm not sure that any other end result could have provided the same sense of resolution that is now felt by so many of us. Let us all remember those who were victims of terrorism and honor their memory by working toward tolerance, peace, and ending hatred.

Anyway...

This is it - my last few days in the Big Apple. So bittersweet. I feel like I still have a million things to do but I'm trying not to worry as I'll be back in about a month! It's not like I'm leaving forever, thankfully. :) But I have finalized that agenda for the last few days. I also plan on pretending to be a tourist and am toting my camera with me for the new few days.

I've been packing (ugh I HATE packing as I always bring too much) and cleaning and organizing. I don't think I'll be sewing much but I'm going to try to work on a few things in between all the stuff on the to-do list.

But I did have one big finish: my Supernova quilt! It's all done and I love it. I backed it with some solid brown fabric and a few prints from Robert Kaufman's "Mingle" line in coordinating brown/green prints. I bound the whole thing with scrappy binding made up from some Katie Jump Rope strips. I'm so glad I finished it and can leave it here with my sweetie. Big thanks to Lee for a great quilt-along.

I'm off to start my busy day - hope everyone has a good Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words, funny stories, and recipes are always welcome. :)