4.27.2011

Enjoyment

I will be leaving NYC one week from tomorrow. Fortunately, I'll be back soon - and often, as my sweetie will be staying here in our apartment, at least for a little while. Also, my sister will be moving here in July!

Anyway, there's a bunch of things I have planned - crafty and not - for my last week here. The weather has finally turned to spring (almost summerlike, actually!) so all the more reason to get out and take advantage of the city.

Firstly, I decided that it was a little ambitious (and frankly unnecessary) to make another quilt to use on my bed in DC since I already have one that will be perfect. While I've been having a good time working on a new quilt top, it's big and involved and I'm thinking that I don't want to rush it. And frankly, don't want to be glued to the sewing machine my last week in the city. Don't get me wrong, of course I love it but I'm worried that's all I would be doing which is silly. I would love to try my hand at sewing a skirt or simple dress as I already have some fabric and patterns but I'm thinking that's also a big undertaking. I think I'll just continue to work on the never-ending stack of WIPs that I already have in my fabric cabinet. I'm not bringing my sewing machine to DC right away but I may bring some embroidery and/or knitting. We'll see...

Other things on the agenda: dog park (as many days as possible since this is Louie's last week here too!); manicure/pedicure; dinner at our favorite neighborhood spot; stocking up on some NYC faves (Zabar's coffee); and a number of get-together dates with friends. It's hard to believe that I'm almost leaving - I feel like I just got the offer! These 6 weeks have flown by...

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy your week! I'm not trying to play devil's advocate by saying this, but if you're interested in sewing up a skirt, I know you could make one in one afternoon. A simple a-line skirt (like the AB Barcelona pattern perhaps?) comes together really quickly.

    Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a great and fun time before your move! I'm glad your honey won't be too far away from you, and hopefully not for too long!

    ReplyDelete

Kind words, funny stories, and recipes are always welcome. :)