More bee blocks

I finished Sarah's blocks for Bee-Stitched (yay for our first month!) and I'm really happy with them. She wanted improv-style blocks with Erin Michaels' "Lush" fabric as the focus. I added some of my own stash and was amazed at how many of my fabrics coordinated. The colors were lovely and soothing and I can't wait to see how her whole quilt turns out.

This was my first attempt at improv style blocks. At the start, I was very perplexed about it all. As a new quilter, it felt so strange to not use a pattern. I struggled a lot and worried too much about how it would look. Finally, when I just started to "go with my gut," I found it wasn't actually that hard and I really enjoyed it! I will definitely be making my own improv quilt sometime in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great, I really love those fabrics, can't wait to get mine to play with!


Kind words, funny stories, and recipes are always welcome. :)