3.14.2011

My best one yet

I'm now convinced that this quilt is definitely my favorite. It's HUGE, snuggly, crinkly, bright, and dog-approved (of course). On Friday I figured I'd tackle just the basting but I got so excited that I quilted AND bound it. We washed it yesterday and now it's officially usable.


I ended up just doing some parallel line quilting along the seams. I originally had plans to also do some free-motion quilting on the border but ultimately decided against it. I love that this quilt is all about the fabric (as most of my quilts are!) so I wanted to keep it really simple. I love the fun binding and am really getting better at putting it on in general.

This past weekend was nice. The weather here felt spring-like and my sweetie and I spent a lot of quality time together. We saw "The Adjustment Bureau" (awesome - go check it out), took Louie to the dog park (where we haven't been in months), spent a leisurely Sunday with bagels and the newspaper (my sweetie only had a little bit of paperwork to do), went to dinner with friends at our favorite neighborhood place, and I Skyped with Brooke - for an hour and half!! It was awesome - we chatted about our pets, quilting, life in our respective cities, and everything else. It was like a virtual coffee date with a friend. :) I'm so thankful that she and I keep finding things to connect about and that we're able to build a friendship, even though we live over 300 miles apart! I'm sure there'll be many more chatting sessions in our future.

I'm not working today so I plan on doing some more sewing, as I have a few ideas bouncing around in my head. Trying to keep myself busy while waiting for more info about DC (should hear something in a couple of weeks...). I'm going to keep working on other job stuff and probably squeeze in some reading and cooking later today.

I'll be back later with some more updates about fabric selection, project ideas, etc.

Hope everyone has a good week!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful, and you quilted so quickly! I'm excited for your potential DC opportunity. Hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete

Kind words, funny stories, and recipes are always welcome. :)