3.31.2011

A bath, a quilt, and some fabric

This weekend my sweetie and I are heading back upstate to see our families for a quick visit. We haven't been home since the holidays and we're both looking forward to a much needed escape from the city. Not to mention a trip to Wegmans and a hair appointment for me. :)

Louie got a bath and a haircut yesterday and I'm amazed how how shaggy he looked before (and how smelly he was - ugh). He's all set to go home and play with Winston!I'm working on a few crafty things today in addition to a bunch of other random (non-fun) items on the to-do list. I don't have my solid fabric for my Supernova quilt but I'm thinking a trip to Joann's this weekend will remedy that (I'm a sucker for coupons and cheap prices for Kona Cotton solids). I've started a new baby quilt for a friend (see picture below - using a simple pattern by Elizabeth) and I'm aiming to make more progress on my quilt for Modern Relief.

Also, I treated myself to a few quarter yards (purchased from the lovely, custom-order accommodating ladies of quiltsandwich) of Jay McCarroll's* "Habitat" which I've been coveting since I first saw it (since I'm so obsessed with it, it falls within the allowances of my Stashpact11). I have a few ideas for how to use this (and what it surprisingly goes with) but you'll have to wait and see...

*I've seen him in person, as he came into the store where I work a few weeks ago!

(Another random geek-out sighting was Brett, seen yesterday. I think I freaked her out a bit when I told her I knew who she was but because I'm a regular reader of her blog and Design*Sponge, where she's often featured, I recognized her. Pretty cool!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words, funny stories, and recipes are always welcome. :)