4.04.2010

Happy spring!

I hope that you're all having a wonderful weekend, especially if you're spending time with family and friends. Happy Easter, Happy Passover and Happy Spring! Buds are definitely blooming here in the Big Apple and I'm itching to get out my dresses and sandals. I think that's next weekend's big project.

This past week was very busy for me. I spent a lot of time working and the store is really coming along. In fact, it's coming along so well that they didn't need me to come in today. I'm taking advantage of the free time to run errands, clean, and do some crafty stuff. My sweetie had to work for a few hours so I'm playing domestic while he's at the office. Looking forward to a nice relaxing evening of dinner together and......BASEBALL!!!!!

For those of you who don't know me probably don't know but I LOOOOVE the Yankees. I'm totally nonathletic (well, that's not really true but I wasn't one for team sports very much) but once April comes, I'm always so psyched. It's in my blood, what can I say (my mom was born in the Bronx). My grandpa used to sit glued to the games, screaming at the umps and cheering on Bronx Bombers. I'm sad that a few of my faves aren't there (Matsui!) but I'm still excited for the season. Tonight they play the Red Sox (BOOOOOOO) so it should be a great start.

As you can probably tell, I'm generally an optimist and look for any opportunity to embrace new beginnings. Hence, here are few things that are on my Spring to-do list:
1. My sweetie and I are going to start composting and plant an herb garden out on our patio. Woohoo!
2. Continuing with the green theme, I'm going to make cloth napkins (and probably placemats to match) as well as reusable sandwich/snack bags.
3. The usual sorting/giving away/selling of clothes that I try to do after each season...
4...purchasing only what I need and will last in terms of wardrobe staples.
5. Going back to running and yoga on a regular basis.
6. Learning more about mindfulness and meditation (and getting REALLY excited to see the Dalai Lama in May!)
What are your fresh start items?

One last note - I finished Sarah's blocks for Quilting newBEES. Such cute log cabins that she's going to turn into a picnic blanket. Can't wait to see the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words, funny stories, and recipes are always welcome. :)